- Electronic Form. By accessing FriendMatch or becoming a Member, you consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
- Access and Retention. To access and keep this electronic Agreement, you must have access to Internet. If you like, keep a copy of this document for your records. Although it’s nice to save trees too.
FriendMatch members should be a minimum of 18 years old.
You must not use FriendMatchfor dating, only for platonic friendship.
Membership in FriendMatch is void where prohibited.
By using FriendMatch, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
FriendMatch will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
You should be extra careful when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, you may wish to consider disabling your auto-sign in to your FriendMatch account.
3. Your Interactions with Other Members.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT FRIENDMATCH CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ITS MEMBERS, DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS. FRIENDMATCH MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE MEMBERS. FRIENDMATCH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL FRIENDMATCH BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF FRIENDMATCH, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THIS SERVICE OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH THIS SERVICE. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF FRIENDMATCH, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION (FOR EXAMPLE, YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION) TO OTHER MEMBERS.
4. Content on FriendMatch
- Reliance on Content, Advice, Etc. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, blog posts, or other information or content made available through FriendMatch, but not directly by FriendMatch are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
FriendMatch does not:
- guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on FriendMatch, or
- adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on FriendMatch. Under no circumstances will FriendMatch or its affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on FriendMatch or transmitted to or by any Members.
5. Content Posted by You on FriendMatch.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on FriendMatch, or transmit to other Members. You will not post on FriendMatch, or transmit to other Members, any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to the Company or to any other Member. If information provided to FriendMatch, or another Member, subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify FriendMatch of such change.
- You understand and agree that FriendMatch may review and delete any content, messages, double-blind emails, photos or profiles (collectively, “Content”), in each case in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of FriendMatch violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
- By posting Content to any public area of FriendMatch, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to FriendMatch, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting
and use of your content by FriendMatch will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on FriendMatch. FriendMatch reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from FriendMatch and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes, but is not limited to, Content that:
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes information that is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
Your use of FriendMatch, including but not limited to the Content you post on FriendMatch, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
For your own safety, You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, or email addresses.
You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members, except for through the use of the Events or Groups page, where it helps members to socialize. This includes but is not limited to solicitation or advertising to buy or sell any products or services through FriendMatch. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although FriendMatch cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off FriendMatch, it is also a violation of these rules to use any
information obtained from FriendMatch in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.
FriendMatch reserves the right to investigate and terminate your membership if you have misused FriendMatch, or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to FriendMatch:
- You will not impersonate any person or entity.
- You will not “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by FriendMatch without our specific prior written consent.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of FriendMatch or its contents.
- You will not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in FriendMatch.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt FriendMatchs or the site or the servers or networks connected to FriendMatchs or the site.
- You will not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through FriendMatch.
Modifications to Service.
FriendMatch reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, FriendMatch (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that FriendMatch shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of FriendMatch.
Blocking of IP Addresses.
In order to protect the integrity of FriendMatch, FriendMatch reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses from accessing FriendMatch.
Privacy and Communications.
FriendMatch is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on FriendMatch or in connection with FriendMatch, whether caused by users of FriendMatch, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in FriendMatch. FriendMatch is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of FriendMatch or Member of FriendMatch.
FriendMatch assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications. FriendMatch is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Service or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with FriendMatch. Under no circumstances will FriendMatch or any of its affiliates, advertisers, promoters or distribution partners be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of FriendMatch or FriendMatch, any Content posted on FriendMatch or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of FriendMatch, whether online or offline. FriendMatch and FriendMatch are provided “AS-IS” and FriendMatch expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. FriendMatch can’t guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of FriendMatch and/or FriendMatch.
- In addition to the preceding paragraph and other provisions of this Agreement, any advice that may be posted on FriendMatch is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, medical, legal, or other advice. FriendMatch makes no representations or warranties and expressly disclaims any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the information offered or provided within or through FriendMatch. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require professional or medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist.
Safety and Rules:
- Protect your identity - don’t use your real name on FriendMatch, use a nickname for your username. Protect your identity until you can trust your new friend. (After you have met in person, or verified each other’s identity through other means such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social network profiles if you can’t meet in person.)
- Use the FriendMatch messaging system until you can trust your new friend. Don’t exchange email addresses or phone numbers until you have verified each other’s identity via meeting in person or other means if this is not possible. Don’t respond to FriendMatch members who try to break this rule immediately.
- When you meet a new friend for the first time, use common sense safety precautions; let someone else know where you’ll be and when you expect to return home.
Meet in a public place where there will be other people around. Please don’t meet a friend for the first time alone in the middle of the woods, for example.
- Consider an App
If you don't have someone to call and check in before you meet someone new for the first time, you can also try a safety app like EmergenSee, which offers security features like live support via your mobile device.
Remember, it is up to you to be safe online and when meeting new people!
Please contact us with any questions regarding this agreement.